123 HP OJPRO 8740 Windows setup
Before setting up your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer on a working wireless network, make sure you have installed the original printer driver and software from the HP website or through the CD/DVD provided by HP. At the time of installation, choose Wireless as the connection type and follow the below mentioned steps.
- A laptop or desktop that supports wireless networking
- A working wireless connection with a router.
- Network name (SSID)
- WEP key or WPA passphrase.
How to connect the printer?
- On the printer’s control panel, push the Wireless button followed by the Settings option.
- Now, scroll through the options to select Wireless Setup Wizard. Select OK.
- Follow the on screen prompts to setup the connection.
- Insert the software CD that came with the printer in the computer/laptop.
- Now, follow the instructions displayed on screen to complete the installation process.
How to connect a new printer?
- Perform one of the following tasks based the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on your Start screen. Navigate to the app bar to click on All Apps. Now, you need to click on HP Officejet Pro 8740 folder.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start -- >All Programs - > HP - ->HP Officejet Pro 8740
- Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- From the list of options available, tap on Connect a new printer.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to connect a new printer.