Connect a canon printer to a Wi-Fi network In Plain English
You have to follow steps to connect a Wi-Fi router with your canon printer.
- A laptop or desktop that supports wireless.
- A working wireless connection with a router.
- Wi-Fi router that supports WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
- Canon Printer.
What to do in the canon printer to get connected with my Wi-Fi?
- Switch your canon printer on.
- Hold the Wi-Fi button for 3 seconds. If you didn't know the wifi button.
- Please refer to this image . Press the button where this icon resides.
- It will start to flash.
- Leave the printer as it is.
Learn how to connect a canon printer to your home network using the WPS push button method.
- Check your wifi router has a WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup™) push button.
- Press the WPS push button.
- Note: Check your router instructions, it might be slightly different
based on routers.
If your Wi-Fi router does not have a WPS button on it, your canon printer can be connected to your Wi-Fi network only via Standard Setup, or Cableless Setup
- Go back to your printer.
- After a minute or so, the wifi lights should stop flashing on your canon printer, and stay a solid blue, indicating your canon is connected to your home network.
What to do with PC/Laptop?
You need to install the Canon printer software on your computer/laptop using the setup CD provided with the printer. If you do not have the CD, the setup files and installation drivers are available online for download on the official USA canon printer website for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Insert the installation CD on your computer or use your downloaded driver software of your canon model to get started
- It will open a setup prompt in a popup model.
- Select continue/allow/next option in the prompt screen.
- Select connect to network tab option in your prompt.
- Choose a cableless setup.
- Hold your canon printer wifi button until you see the cableless configuration on your computer screen.
- Select the wireless network you want to use.
If you do not know how to connect a canon printer via Standard Setup, or Cableless Setup. Reach out to our experts to resolve the issue within minutes.